Need Help? Every day, 24 hours

If you have a complaint, you can:

    1. File a complaint or grievance with the hospital. If you want to file a complaint with the hospital, you may do so by writing or calling the Patient Advocate at (213) 484-7434. You may also visit the Patient Advocate office which is located on the Third Floor. The hospital will provide you with a written response within 30 days. The written response will contain the name of a person to contact at the hospital, the steps taken to investigate the grievance, the results of the grievance process, and the date of completion of the grievance process. Concerns regarding quality of care or premature discharge will also be referred to the appropriate Utilization and Quality Control Peer Review Organization.
    2. File a complaint with the state Department of Health Services regardless of whether you use the hospital’s grievance process. The state Department of Health Service’s address and phone number is: 5555 Ferguson Dr., Suite 320, Commerce, CA 90022 (Phone: 323-869-8500).
    3. If your concerns are not resolved through the hospital, you may contact the Joint Commission’s Office of Quality Monitoring to report any concerns to register a complaint by calling 1-800-994-6610 or emailing