As a member of the Daughters of Charity Healthcare System, the Health Benefits Resource Center (HBRC) supports their mission of serving the sick and poor by improving access to health care and providing social services in a holistic approach to promote healthy families.
The (HBRC) is a one-stop information and referral service that links needy families to valuable government-sponsored health benefits and social services, such as Medi-Cal, Healthy Families, Healthy Kids, AIM (Access for Infants and Mothers), and Calfresh (formerly known as the Food Stamp Program). HBRC can assist with health coverage information and the application process for such programs. Services provided by the HBRC are free to the community.
In addition, HBRC provides ongoing case management and support for families who may experience any type of difficulty related to their enrollment and/or access to their benefits. The center performs ongoing outreach to educate the community about benefits and safeguards that come with participation in government-sponsored programs.
The principle objectives of the center are to:
- Improve access to affordable care healthcare through health coverage information and application assistance
- Provide outreach education about programs and services available to the community
- Provide physician and health care referrals
- Provide ongoing case management and support for families who may experience any type of difficulty related to their health care program needs
- Serve as a referral source for staff and affiliated physicians by providing support services for patients and their families
- Provide a dependable, trusted referral mechanism for social service agencies, schools, churches and community-based organizations